Under “Menu Engineering” select “Menu Item”. Click on the “NEW MENU ITEM” green button on the right-hand side. Select “ Add manually”.
- Description - give it a name easy to recognize and that you won’t mix up with other items.
- POS Item ID - When you create an item in your POS it gives it an ID number. Please enter it here to make the integration seamless between your POS and Piecemeal.
- Menus - select what menu this item is a part of. It can be in more than one menu if it has the same price. For example, if a dish is both on the lunch and dinner menu at the same price, you can select both. If they have different prices you’d have to create to menu items one for lunch and one for dinner.
- Categories - select what category this menu item falls under appetizer, Entree, dessert.
- Selling Pirce: enter the price you sell this item at.
- Active: Toggle to yes or no to identify if the item is active or not.
- Select your first ingredient, recipe or sub-recipe that is part of this menu item. Select the quantity and unit of measure.
- Press the + sign to add the next ingredient, recipe or sub-recipe.
- Add as many as needed to complete this menu item
Please note that you can add ingredients, recipes, and sub-recipes so that you can create any time of menu item. For example, an ingredient could be steak, then for the second ingredient, you could select a sub-recipe for a side salad. This way you can easily create and cost every item on your menu.
Don’t forget to use the green button “SAVE” on the right end corner to ensure that your menu item is saved.
As you enter the ingredients, recipes or sub-recipes to your menu item you can see the food cost for this item next to the price.